When we are losing weight, we are also letting go of some stiff cravings. This includes the chocolate or the sugar and bad carbs we used to eat. But that doesn’t mean we can’t snack anymore and in fact, snacking is encouraged when dieting. Here we will touch a little on why and provide you with some healthy and tasty ways to snack all day without the guilt. There are some healthy finger foods for weight loss that are yummy and won’t sabotage your dieting efforts.
Finger foods, in particular, can be a great addition to your diet while you are trying hard to slim down to your target weight. This type of food is designed to be eaten with — you guessed it — your fingers. So, you don’t need to worry about using any utensils! However, you do still need to be careful about controlling your portions, of course, as you don’t want to overdo it and end up eating too many finger foods.
Want to learn more about finger foods for weight loss? We cover some helpful information below. If you need additional tips and extra support on your weight loss journey, particularly when it comes to what foods you should be eating, as well as which ones you should be avoiding, don’t hesitate to consult with a nutritionist or your doctor for help.
Why Should We Eat More When Trying to Lose Weight?
The reason for this is important and two-fold. The reasons are glucose levels and metabolism. It is essential that your blood glucose levels are raised to a normal and functional level. If it fluctuates too often you will end up with glucose issues such as diabetes. You will also throw off your metabolism and not lose weight—in fact, you will get the cravings you don’t need.
The Benefits of Eating Finger Foods for Weight Loss
You might be wondering why we are recommending finger foods for weight loss. How can these foods help you achieve your weight loss goals?
As long as you are choosing to eat healthy finger foods, you can certainly incorporate these into your diet while you are working on slimming down. In fact, according to Cooking Light, there are many healthy finger foods that you can enjoy even while you are throwing a party for guests to have a great time. So, there really is no reason to let go of your plans for eating right even when you are celebrating.
Like anything else, it is up to you to make the right decisions when it comes to the ingredients you use when preparing your own finger foods at home, and when it comes to ordering these foods from restaurants. You want it all to be low-calorie, high in nutrients, and low in unhealthy fats, sugar, and sodium.
Yummy Finger Foods for Weight Loss
Regardless of what diet you are following, you can find a variety of finger food recipes that you can try right away using ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This includes a wide range of plant-based recipes that are going to be low in calories yet high in fiber, making the finger foods even more filling so you can more easily cut back on calories.
There are so many wonderful foods in nature that give you flavor and all the natural sugar you need. This type of sugar from vegetables and fruits are something your body can use to burn fat and provide an endless supply of energy to work out and feel great without the cravings! Best of all, they are finger foods for weight loss that can be eaten conveniently.
- Low fat dips for flavor is a must if you aren’t a vegetable person. You can do this with onion soup mix and low fat sour cream. You can use hummus and for a lighter touch or you can use raw honey.
- Carrot sticks or baby carrots.
- Celery sticks and natural peanut butter.
- Cucumber slices and tomato slices with some torn basil and balsamic vinegar.
- Baked chicken wings with balsamic vinegar and honey or sweet and sour dipping sauce. This is a great snack you can pick on all day while you do your veggies to get a little protein in your system. Chicken wings are only fattening when they are deep fried and covered with “stuff” but they are a great source of protein.
- Cheese and whole wheat crackers. Buying nine grain crackers and blocks of a light cheese—no oily cheeses like sharp cheddar. Muenster or Gouda is the tastiest when you want to have a saltier taste.
- Cheese and sliced apples with natural peanut butter.
Other tasty options include:
- Spicy cauliflower bites
- Chickpea salad on an endive leaf
- Irish potato cakes
- Pretzel bites and mustard
- Sweet potato fries
Note: In order to maintain a good and lasting snacking habit that is good for you, you must cover all tastes so you aren’t craving anything. There is salty, sweet, and a little sour here that will satisfy your palate. Finger foods for weight loss are a great way to enjoy your diet.
Enjoy these delicious and nutritious finger foods for weight loss often, keeping in mind that, when done right, they can help you along your path to a slimmer and healthier body.