What You Need to Know About the 80/20 Diet

About the 80/20 Diet

July 10, 2017

As you learn about the 80/20 Diet, the first thing you’ll discover is that it began in the form of a book written by Teresa Cutter. It was created to provide dieters with an eating strategy to which they’ll adhere for six days per week. This means that 80 percent of the time, you’ll be eating according to the plan. The remaining 20 percent of the time – that is, one day per week – you’re allowed to eat pretty much whatever you want, within reason.

That said, what you should know about the 80/20 Diet day off is that you have freedom and flexibility but not as much as you want of anything at all. To help guide dieters to eat the right foods according to the rules of this strategy, the book provides more than 130 recipes. Dieters aren’t required to eat all those meals, but the recipes can help them to learn how and what they should be eating.

Another important point about the 80/20 Diet is that the author herself is a known chef and nutritionist, is considered to be among the leading healthy cooking authorities and is an Australian personal trainer. That said, just because the author knows what she’s doing in terms of nutrition, it doesn’t necessarily equate to a program that will motivate a dieter to take action and stick to it.

It is in that area that this diet falls short for many dieters, according to the customer reviews posted on sites such as Amazon where the book is sold. They suggest that despite the considerable amount of information provided within the book, it doesn’t offer the user the drive to adopt it into his or her life.

Moreover, while the book does provide information and recipes, it does not translate that information into usable step-by-step guidance that would provide dieters with the method they need to follow to use it. Without turning the information in the book into lessons and instructions for the dieter, most dieters won’t have the motivation or ability to apply it properly.

Furthermore, a closer look at the recipes provided in the book, it’s clear that this diet is based on the use of nutrient dense, whole foods. This suggests that the focus is on balanced nutrition, not just weight loss, but it also doesn’t take into account that the ingredients may be more expensive than many families are used to spending on their weekly grocery bills. This was a common complaint among the reviews left by customers who had purchased and read the book.

Related Post

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

*

Previous post:

Next post: